Save up to 98% on Steam games with amazing, exclusive bundles from Fanatical
This guide explains the different things you can get if you’re hunting for Troll Archaeology fragments. Whether it’s to get all the vanity items or equipment, it doesn’t matter.
What it is is a daunting task all by itself, however, it can have a relaxing effect if you’re doing something in the background.
If you’re feeling too frustrated with getting to every dig site, don’t forget to do some other things while you’re at it! Farming certain mobs, gathering mats for professions, fishing, etc.
Above all else, don’t bore yourself!
Where are the zones that have Troll Archaeology fragments?
- Arathi Highlands
- Cape of Stranglethorn
- Eastern Plaguelands
- Northern Stranglethorn
- Swamp of Sorrows
- Grizzly Hills
How do I go about farming Troll Archaeology fragments?
I’ll be stating the same information below in every Archaeology farming post, so if you’d like to read it, click away. Otherwise, continue on!
- Firstly: Don’t use any addons. You simply travel from one area to another until the artifact is nearby.
- Downfall: You’ll be constantly looking at your map to make sure you’re going the right direction for the dig site.
- Upside: You won’t have to worry about any addons going out of date on you.
- Secondly: Using the addons TomTom, and Archaeology Helper.
- Downfall: You’re relying on three addons to stay up to date.
- Upside: TomTom can point you in the direction to the site; Arch Helper will provide a helpful HUD map and color overlay.
- Thirdly: Using the addon Archy.
- Downfall: You’re relying on an addon to stay up to date. Archy doesn’t have an HUD like Helper does.
- Upside: You no longer need TomTom to point you the way, because Archy has an indicator of how close you are to the dig sites.
What items can I get from Troll Archaeology?
- This tablet is equivalent to 12 Troll Archaeology fragments.
- It’s a random drop you can get when digging for fragments. (Kind of like gems when you’re mining.)
- They are not BoP, so you can sell or buy them off the Auction House.
- If the artifact you’re working on solving has a keystone slot, you can place one of the tablets in and boost the number.
- You do not have to use tablets if you don’t want to.
- Artifacts can have up to 3 keystone slots.
- Not all artifacts will have keystone slots.
- Vanity Items:
- Bind on Account:
- Battle Pets: